The Climate Change Adaptation Community of Practice (CCACoP) is an interactive online community dedicated to advancing knowledge and action in the area of climate change adaptation. The CCACoP serves as a location where researchers, experts, policy-makers and practitioners from across Canada can come together to ask questions, generate ideas, share knowledge, and communicate with others working in the field of climate change adaptation. One of the main goals of the CCACoP is to support all Canadian provinces and territories in their efforts to incorporate climate change adaptation into planning and policies.
The CCACoP is the only national online community of practice dedicated solely to disseminating information and resources on climate change adaptation. There are lots of features and activities taking place on the CCACoP, including:
- Monthly webinars featuring a variety of climate change adaptation experts from across Canada and internationally, as well as access to recordings of past webinars;
- A resource library with hundreds of climate change adaptation resources;
- Discussion forums on member-driven topics;
- A “Call for Knowledge” forum where members can send out a request for information to other members;
- Upcoming climate change events occurring across Canada and internationally;
- Recent news articles on climate change adaptation;
- Links to online adaptation resources from across Canada and around the globe;
- A social media web-design allowing members to create profiles, send private messages, see which other members are online, etc.; and
- Regular emails to keep you up-to-date on the latest CCACoP activity.
It’s true! The CCACoP ‘sub-communities’ have the same functionalities as the main CCACoP site, but they provide a private space where certain members can discuss and share the latest research and information around a specific topic. Therefore, not only do members of these sub-communities have access to the larger CCACoP site and all of its resources, but they also benefit from participating in smaller, more defined interest groups.
Currently, the CCACoP is home to two sub-communities:
- The Forestry Adaptation Community of Practice (FACoP) provides the means for which forest industry members, forest science researchers, forest policy makers and others can share information and best practices on current activities in the area of climate change vulnerability and adaptation in Canada's forest sector. Click here to learn more!
- The Lake Simcoe Watershed Community of Practice (LSWCoP) serves as an online community for climate change adaptation that serves stakeholders within the Lake Simcoe watershed. The portal acts as an online database of information that, along with active facilitation, will help communicate climate change science and disseminate adaptation resources. Click here to learn more!